Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What Would You Do?

  While on this trip we visited Interlaken, Switzerland.  While there we not only saw the very beautiful Swiss Alps and went to the "Top of Europe" but we also had about a half a day worth of free time.  I have been to the mountains in Colorado so my thoughts were that the Swiss Alps would look about the same.  I could not have been more wrong, it was breath taking.  As we entered the city, all around us were the mountains and in the middle was a lake in which the mountains around us reflected off of so perfectly.  We took a brief tour of the city and I learned that everything over there is very expensive.  We stayed in Interlaken for 2 days, on the second day we took a train to the "Top of Europe".  We were on the top of the Swiss Alps and it was awesome!  The only bad thing that I can think of was that all the activities that day were closed for some reason.  However, that did not have a real big impact on my experience there.

Like I said before we had about a half a day that we could do what ever we wanted to.  What would you do with your time?  Would you go skydiving, paragliding, shopping or hiking?  Well I chose to do something called Canyoning where you hike up the side of a canyon and the only way down is to ride the river.  You ride the river by sliding, rappelling, swimming, jumping, and climbing.  It was probably the most insane adventure I have ever been on in my life.  We were not allowed to take pictures however, I did buy a video that show me going down the canyon.  If I had the chance to do it again I would do it in a heart beat.

-Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment