Thursday, November 24, 2011

Check Out What We Had To Eat!

  While in Europe we had many opportunities to try different foods.  The only problem for me is that I am a picky eater.  However, I am willing to try new things even if that involves eating new foods.  For the most part I pretty much liked what ever I was eating which was a surprise.  There were a few things that I didn't like to eat when I was over there.  A few of the things that I did like were the pastries that were sold all around Antwerp, the waffles that were sold all around Belgium and the "french" fries.  The only thing that I didn't want to try was Duck but that was because everyone who already had tried it said that it did not taste very good.

  The main meals that we had were mainly steaks, burgers or chicken.  For the most part there was nothing wrong but something always irritated me.  Everything was pretty expensive and proportions were kinda small.


 Now for my favorite part, the desert.  The first thing I had to eat was a creme brulee, it was a creamy pudding topped with hard brown colored sugar.  It was probably the one of the most delicious things that I had in Europe.  The next was an ice cream desert that we had at a Japanese style restaurant.  When they presented it, the ice cream was in a second cup that was placed into a larger cup.  At the bottom of the larger cup there was some dry ice making continuous cloud of fog spraying out between the two cups.  Not really sure if the description helps but the picture below might clarify a little.


   Overall the food over there was really good.  I would recommend to anyone who is thinking of going to Europe and is a picky eater to be willing to try new things.
-Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment